Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Gratitude Changes Everything!

1 Chronicles 16:34 O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Well, today is November 26th, 2015....Thanksgiving day! I can't believe it! I mean, we just had New Year's, right? :D So much time has passed, so many things going on, and this year has probably been my very craziest/busiest year yet, with a very heavy school load, work, and everything. God has kinda been convicting me lately.....I feel like with all the busyness of life I tend to easily get distracted and forget how greatly blessed I am.  Here in the U.S., we take so many things for granted and we have everything--and I mean EVERYTHING at our fingertips. There's literally an app for everything these days...I seriously saw an app that could turn on your light switch for you from your phone. I'm not kidding. LOL. And we have so much stuff! To say the very least, we have so much that it's hard to remember to be thankful for everything God gives us, for me at least. The world tries to deviate and shift the focus from being thankful on "Thanksgiving" to making it a  "Thanksgetting" because we get so caught up in what we can get. Did you know, that if you have food in the fridge, clothes on your back, and a roof over your head, you are richer than about 70% of the world? The other day at our church's youth group, we were watching some Operation Christmas Child clips (I put one of the videos at the bottom of this post.) It really touched me....how many things do we take for granted and not even thank God for? It breaks my heart to see that so many children are orphans, having hardly anything more than the clothes on their backs. You'd be surprised just how happy those sweet little kids are to just receive small things like a toothbrush, or soap, or some other thing like that. This Thanksgiving, let's remember to thank God for all we have, and take joy in the little things. Gratitude changes everything! Oh, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!




No comments:

Post a Comment