Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

More of You

It is hard. It is difficult. To "let go, and let God" is realllllyyyy reaaalllly not easy. I know for me personally, I want what I want. When I want it. And how I want it. Sometimes, it is really hard for me to say "God, not what I want, but what YOU have for me"....because I have a plan in mind. To me, it makes all the sense in the world. And sometimes, it may be a good thing! Why should it not work for me?? This past year, I had the wonderful blessing of being part of CYT/STP's production of "Sleeping Beauty". The princess, "Joli", wanted her way, all the time, no matter what. Things were not going pretty for her--UNTIL she fully surrendered her life, her everything to Jesse (Jesus!). God has been showing me how much I can relate relate to Joli! I think I know what's best...because it makes sense in my thinking. God is so loving, despite all my sin and brokenness He saved me! Lately, He has been convicting me more and more that I really, truly, absolutely need HIM! He is showing me that He is all I will ever need is His love for me....and when I say "God, this is what I want, but I give this matter to You. Show me what Your will is" (it is reallly very hard sometimes!!) He gives such a peace and such a joy. The joy of knowing that it is in His hands! This hymn comes to mind "Take my life and let it be; consecrated Lord to thee. Take my moments and my days, let them flow in ceaseless praise!" When we tell God that, it is then that He can use us. He makes the blind to see, and the lame to walk. He makes the broken to be beautiful vessels for Him. For sure, I am very far from perfect.No doubt about that whatsoever. But when we say, more of YOU, and less of me.....the most amazing things happen!!


No comments:

Post a Comment